8 Foods that Contain the Best Zinc for Kids
Children need to be provided with essential vitamins and minerals in sufficient quantities for healthy development during various stages of growth. One of these important nutrients is Zinc. Here are the Best Zinc Rich Foods For Kids!
The benefits of zinc-rich foods for children are enormous because they help build tissue and strengthen the immune system in children.
Read: What is Zinc: Benefits and Food Sources
Zinc deficiency in the early years can lead to a weak immune system in children and increase their susceptibility to infections and other diseases.
This in turn will increase child morbidity and mortality.
According to scientists and health experts, a healthy child needs an average of 10mg of zinc per day for proper development. If it cannot be obtained from food, then it must be taken through supplements.
What are Zinc Rich Foods?
As per medical research, it is found that adding Zinc to the diet of young children can be very beneficial for their overall health.
Zinc for children is available from the following foods:
- Red meat
- Potato with skin
- Whole grain cereal
- And a small part in breast milk too.
What Are the Benefits of Zinc for Children?
Small amounts of zinc can provide beneficial results for your children. Take a look at its innumerable advantages which are mentioned below:
- Zinc is essential for normal growth and development of the reproductive organs in the body.
- Zinc helps boost your immune system and thus protects you from various diseases.
- When children do not get the required proportion of zinc in the body, it can cause memory loss, learning disabilities and also reduce the concentration span of the mind.
- Zinc helps treat stunted growth and severe diarrhea in children. Zinc therapy was given for 14 days in the treatment of diarrhea in all children
- It also helps in fighting common ailments like coughs, colds, and ear infections. At the same time it can fight diseases caused by parasites such as malaria.
- It also plays an important role in the treatment of ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), tinnitus, which causes a ringing sound in the ears, critical head injuries, eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa, Down syndrome, and Alzheimer's disease.
- And lastly, zinc can help in treating eye diseases, AIDS, asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.
- Is Zinc Supplementation Necessary?
- If you find a zinc deficiency in children, it is advisable to give your child a zinc supplement.
Zinc supplements have been shown to be beneficial when given to children who suffer from a deficiency.
There are many zinc supplements available in the market and you should consult your doctor before you start giving supplements to your children.
That's the article 8 Best Zinc Rich Foods For Children. May be useful.