3 Causes of Unconscious Female Weight Gain
You may be wondering, why are you still gaining weight even though you are trying to lose it? Maybe the Cause of Weight Gain in Women you can read!
Many people will say that simple weight loss can be achieved by eating less and exercising more.
Read: Types of Fat: Which to Eat and Avoid?
However, there was one woman who had exercised and followed a strict diet, only to see the same number on the scale.
There are also women who lose weight just to get it all back in no time.
Causes of Women's Weight Gain
If you are a woman over the age of 20, you are prone to gaining weight for many reasons.
For some of us, it is a combination of lifestyle choices and the food we eat.
For others, it is a more complex issue that involves how the body operates than when it works.
To be able to identify triggers for weight gain, there are several things you can do to start limiting them.
1. Causes of Women's Weight Gain: Unbalanced Hormones
Almost every system in our body is regulated by our hormones. Weight loss can be directly and indirectly affected by:
- Ghrelin (hungry hormone)
- Insulin (sugar hormone)
- Leptin (satiety hormone)
- Estrogen (female reproductive hormone)
- Cortisol (stress hormone)
The high stress levels we experience every day sometimes lead to overeating.
It also affects the way our bodies retain fat, especially in certain areas like our legs and arms.
Many women also use hormonal contraception which affects the way we gain/lose weight.
Since it is specifically related to weight gain, you can tell if your weight is being caused by hormones if you experience certain symptoms.
How to Know Weight Gain Caused by Hormones
- You are very stressed and panicked almost every day even though you want to stop it.
- You tend to put on more weight than usual in your belly area and get bloated very easily.
- You are addicted to sweet and sweet food
- You gain weight very quickly.
- You have thyroid problems
- You but still everything 'correctly' don't see any results after a few weeks or months
- Women who experience hormonal imbalances can read several references, one of which is from the book The Hormone Reset Diet.
This reference really educates you on the role of more than 9 important hormones and helps you eliminate certain foods until you see what your body is ordering.
In the process of doing this, you could lose up to 15 (or more) pounds in 21 days.
2. Causes of Women's Weight Gain: Carbohydrate Intolerance
The next cause of weight gain in women is carbohydrate tolerance. Carbohydrates are a major problem for many women trying to lose weight.
Our bodies need carbohydrates even though we are also very easily compelled to eat too many carbohydrates because of snacks, drinks, and desserts.
Some people suffer from gluten or lactose intolerance. Carbohydrate intolerance is something that many of us experience without realizing it. The symptoms include the following:
- tired or exhausted
- Your body can't metabolize carbohydrates properly so putting additional stress on your intestines and liver, the excess carbohydrates end up being converted into fat stores.
What is the solution for this?
If you think you may not tolerate carbs, there are several things you can do to help your body and lose weight in the process.
- Eat less refined carbohydrates
- Be aware of how you feel within 4 hours of eating carbohydrates. Are you tired? sluggish? Swollen?
- Remember you don't need carbs with every meal
- Start the Keto diet to lose weight with a low carb diet.
- Start cycling.
List of Healthy Low Carbohydrate Foods
The best sources of carbohydrates are fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds.
Our bodies process those natural foods much more easily and they have a high amount of fiber.
3. Causes of Women's Weight Gain: Slow Metabolism
Metabolism is how your body breaks down food to use as energy.
Read: 8 Affordable Low-Carb and Sugar Snacks
You've probably heard of people with 'fast metabolisms' who can eat just about anything without gaining weight.
On the other hand, there are also people who count calories throughout the day but whose metabolism is too slow to reach their weight loss goals.
Your metabolic rate largely depends on how much energy your body needs to function, your daily activities, and how often you exercise.
Some people will burn fewer calories than others while doing the exact same thing.
How Does Slow Metabolism Work?
If you work with a slow metabolism, exercise and nutrient-dense foods are your best friends.
You can also build your metabolism by gaining more muscle mass.
This is because muscles use more energy even when they are relaxed. This means you can increase your metabolism by lifting weights.
Keep in mind that much of your metabolism is inherited, so work with a dietitian (or do as much research as possible) to come up with a healthy diet and exercise plan.
That's the article Causes of Weight Gain in Women.